For such a short month–February here in Nashville has been long on storms! The weather this season has been intense and it doesn’t show signs of going out like a lamb in March either. Which is why we here at United Roofing Pros in Nashville, want you to know just what to do after a storm to make sure your roof is intact. The sooner you find storm damage on your roof, the faster you can make an insurance claim and the better off your Nashville home will be. Read on to find out how to inspect your roof and what to look for when you do.
How to Check for Roof Damage After a Storm
Looking up from the ground you will want to look for some or all of the following signs your roof needs repairs after a storm.
- Check your yard for shingles: One of the most common signs of roof damage is shingles that have blown off. Missing shingles expose the wood roof beneath and need to be replaced asap.
- Examine roof accessories: Soffit, fascia, and trim are all part of a roof’s structure. Damage, dents or tears in these accessories also need to be fixed after a storm.
- Inspect your gutters for damage–downpipes especially need to stay secured or you could end up with roof water damage.
- Look for leaks Inside your home–if enough shingles can be dislodged during the stormwater could already be seeping in and this alone indicates you have a roofing issue.
What to Do If You Find Roof Damage After a Storm in Nashville
- Take note of any damaged spots.
- Check your roof’s warranty to see what it says about repairs or replacement.
- Get a professional roof inspection scheduled.
- File a Claim
- Have repairs made
For more information on storm damage to roofs or to schedule an appointment for a roof inspection, contact us at United Roofing Pros in Nashville today!